As a boutique solar installation contractor, we are always looking for qualified individuals with a can-do attitude, and a willingness to work hard and learn something new. Open positions are listed below. If you do not see the position you are looking for, please feel free to submit your resume to Info@planetearthsolar-co.com at any time and we will keep it on file for when future positions become available. Thank you for your interest in Planet Earth Solar!
Installers & Lead Installers
Planet Earth Solar LLC is seeking applicants to install residential & commercial grid-tied photovoltaic (PV) systems.
• Guide and lead on-site design installation, working off of plan designs
• Pull inventory for each installation job
• Layout and assembly of solar modules / array and mounting hardware
• Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
• Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
• Document completion of completed installation
• Clean up of job site
• Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
• Team player
• Must be able to pass drug screen and background and driving checks
• Must have a good driving record. (example, no DUI in the last 5 years)
• 1-3 years of photovoltaic installation experience – Commercial solar installation work preferred
• Several years of relevant construction experience (Electrical or roof work)
• Understanding/experience with electrical wiring of AC and DC systems strongly preferred.
• Experience with the safe use of hand-held and power tools
• Experience working with all types of building materials – various roof types – stucco, wood, concrete, etc. strongly preferred
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, comfortably lift 40+ pounds repetitively, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
• Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.